Does an air transmitter fit on an Apeks DST?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome. Thank you very much! Exactly what I needed to hear.

( BTW That's a minimalist setup you have there. No octopus? )
Yes. My Low Pressure Inflator is a Scuba Pro Air 2, which also serves as an alternate air source. Eliminates another hose and regulator- Very streamlined: Scubapro Air 2, Combination Octopus/Inflator Regulator

Only thing to keep in mind is that if you get one of these and eliminate the Octo, you will be giving up your primary regulator to an out of air diver and switching over to the Air 2 as your air source. I have had an Air 2 for 5 years and I love it-- no problems and I make sure that whoever I am diving with understands that they are to grab the regulator out of my mouth in an OOA situation and I will grab on to my Air 2. I have never actually had anyone have an OOA situation, but I periodically practice it with my primary dive buddy (wife) and a couple of others I dive with regularly.

Hi. Received my computer and transmitter now. There is no o-ring on the transmitter. Can I install it on the first stage anyway or is that needed?

Thanks. Went and got an o-ring. (Strangely missing from the transmitter packaging.)
Actually, the transmitter I received was an Aqualung, but it paired nicely with my Perdix AI.
Shows exactly the same pressure as my analogue manometer.

... with a spool in-between the hose and the transmitter.
I like the thought of putting the transmitter on a short HP hose for the reasons you and others mentioned.. can you help me out with this language question:
What is a "spool" in this context?

I put mine on a short hose, I didn't want it to be used as a handle by anyone unaware how fragile they are.

Is having the AI transmitter flopping all over the place smacking into your tank and other objects really a good solution ?

Is having the AI transmitter flopping all over the place smacking into your tank and other objects really a good solution ?

I use a 4" hose it doesn't move at all and hits nothing. 4 and 6" hp hoses are very stiff, the only way for it to hit a tank is if you forcibly bend it and try to do so, with the 4" it's almost impossible. This is using a MK17, MK10 and Conshelf so perhaps it's different using a DST. Have you ever used one on a short hose? Cheers.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom