Does an air transmitter fit on an Apeks DST?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quastfin

Registered
Reaction score
Hi.
I have an Apeks DST first stage and I have ordered a Perdix AI with transmitter.
Does the transmitter fit on the first stage without hindering the swivel och blocking the low pressure ports?
Or do I need to put the transmitter on a short highpressure hose?

The transmitter is the same type as Hollis, Oceanic, Aeris, Aqualung et.c.

It might. My Suunto transmitter would. I and many other divers put their transmitters on a short, 6" hose, with the adapter on the end to fit the transmitter. This accomplishes 2 things. 1. it moves the transmitter away from the 1st stage and will allow the turret to rotate without obstruction except for the DIN wheel if present and 2. it makes it less likely that the transmitter would become a handle on the 1st stage and get snapped off lifting the tank by the reg.

with the adapter on the end to fit the transmitter

What "adapter" and why do you need it?

My mistake. the transmitter will thread right into the end of the HP hose with a spool in-between the hose and the transmitter. A Mini SPG requires the adapter.

I use mine on a 4" hose to avoid it becoming a handle, not by me but others who may, without my looking, decide it is such. The spool does not require the same amount of lube as an SPG as it doesn't need to swivel.

Hi.
I have an Apeks DST first stage and I have ordered a Perdix AI with transmitter.
Does the transmitter fit on the first stage without hindering the swivel och blocking the low pressure ports?
Or do I need to put the transmitter on a short highpressure hose?

The transmitter is the same type as Hollis, Oceanic, Aeris, Aqualung et.c.
I have the Apeks DST and I have the transmitter in question. It will nicely screw into the HP port and not interfere in any way with the low pressure hoses. Don't mess around getting any additional stuff.

upload_2017-6-17_18-54-58.png

I have the Apeks DST and I have the transmitter in question. It will nicely screw into the HP port and not interfere in any way with the low pressure hoses. Don't mess around getting any additional stuff.

Awesome. Thank you very much! Exactly what I needed to hear.

( BTW That's a minimalist setup you have there. No octopus? )

Back
Top Bottom