Document your adventures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar:
galing naman... and the whole mapping/ plotting software is written by this EPPGarcia guy? cool!

pahiram naman ng GPS o... at sana ma-plot din locations ng lahat ng anilao dive sites para cool tayo hehehehehe

Jag

There's a few sites already mapped like layag-layag, beatrice, koala, batok and portulano reefs ...including actual tracks....I agree, it would be nice if the sites will all be mapped..... well, wait another week...our little RCM (remote controlled mapper) should be ready for deployment .....a one meter boat with onboard gps and sonar...

Will do tests (pool lang muna) tomorrow.... another "Ed Garcia Technology". :)

#

eric_p:
There's a few sites already mapped like layag-layag, beatrice, koala, batok and portulano reefs ...including actual tracks....I agree, it would be nice if the sites will all be mapped..... well, wait another week...our little RCM (remote controlled mapper) should be ready for deployment .....a one meter boat with onboard gps and sonar...

Will do tests (pool lang muna) tomorrow.... another "Ed Garcia Technology". :)

something else about tracking ... how much is a GPS navigator, anyway? and where would u get 'em
i remember in the US u can get them at computer stores.
here i have yet to see one in computer shops.

what brand do u suggest? magellan?

aparatchiki:
something else about tracking ... how much is a GPS navigator, anyway? and where would u get 'em
i remember in the US u can get them at computer stores.
here i have yet to see one in computer shops.

what brand do u suggest? magellan?

I have a Magellan Meridian (got it as a gift)...very happy with it.... but Garmin is a good brand also.

P10,000 thereabouts.

There's a shop in Cubao called GeoTech 911-0690. (ericp has no stake nor is he a business partner of geotech) hehehe.

since ur into techno gizmos GPS and wat nots...wats ur take on satellite fones?
i take it since some dive sites (esp out at sea) dont have cellular sites...a sat phone wud come in handy. watya think?

ok back to GPS' ...btw, which one is on the P10,000 price range the magellan or the garmin? any reviewS?

aparatchiki:
since ur into techno gizmos GPS and wat nots...wats ur take on satellite fones?
i take it since some dive sites (esp out at sea) dont have cellular sites...a sat phone wud come in handy. watya think?

ok back to GPS' ...btw, which one is on the P10,000 price range the magellan or the garmin? any reviewS?
ang tanong ng pinoy: may text ba yan? hahahahahahaha

some cellphones can do GPS, but i don't know if it's just a downloadable app or the unit itself has to have a reciever of some sort

Jag

i remember inquiring at smart abt their sat phones ...amazingly they come in prepaid cards units...for P13 per minute all over asia-pacific...ayos diba?

we suggest to clients (diplomats and families-at-risk) to get sat phones as back-up... but i havent really thought about getting one for myself... esp for diving...

but im seriously considering now...

paolov:
if it has TXT underwater i will get two units.

Tapos yung ringtone mo yung sound effects sa JAWS pag may shark na... dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun:D

yomar:
Tapos yung ringtone mo yung sound effects sa JAWS pag may shark na... dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun:D

hahahahahahaha!

pssst...off topic na tayong lahat heheheh

yomar: xmas party sa tuesday, look for the thread

@eric: how do you post travel/trip details at waypoints.ph?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom