Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Force Fins ¥¥

I have 5 pairs of ¥¥. Seldom seen ¥¥ at CCV.

Reactions: Doc
I have 5 pairs of ¥¥. Seldom seen ¥¥ at CCV.

You must have never been there during out group weeks through the 90's / early 2k's :acclaim:… when we had a boat to our own group there were 100% force fins (except for the DM's). When I began using them in the mid 80's most folks just smirked. Still love them today. Always used to see the new designs from Bob as a local diver in the DC area (Marv) would have a new prototype or two when we would meet at Millbrook Quarry.

Bob
Bethesda, MD

I use them today and people still smirk. F them.

Just got back from 16 days in Roatan. We saw a couple dive sites named after Doc on the map at the dive shop...it made me smile.

Rest in peace. Truly a loss for the diving community.

This is from Terry Evans, son of Bill who built CCV:

I could not help but do a little reflecting on the morning of Doc's service.

By Terry Evans, from CoCo View Resort, Roatan
August 12, 2018

Doc would be amused if I referred to him as midwife to the birth of CoCo View, but the metaphor fits. And, as another early champion of the resort who is no longer with us, writer and photographer, Rick Frehsee, might say, it is as fitting as a comfortable old slipper that CoCo View is where Doc Radawsky passed away.

Doc's is a good soul. "He's good people," my father would say. Personally, I've counted the man whose name is on the scuba certification card in my pocket as a friend and advisor in matters both important and frivolous for the past 37 years.

Especially frivolous.

But the time has come to send Jim Radawsky off to join some of the other good people who helped make CoCo View, as well as our lives, a little bit richer and a whole lot more fun.

To Dad; Bill Evans, Mom; Evelyn, my wife Jaki, early investor Albert Jackson... to you I say scoot over at the staff table or pull up another chair at the end of the bar. You've got an old friend on the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom