Doc Deep dies during dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMHO, his "dream" was little more than trying to distinguish himself in the tech community.

Very much like the Rouses. That is a hard row to hoe.

Really?

Not all dive shops are mercenaries. (This is where you say: "Really"?)

Us old "Dogs of War" really don't appreciate that reference... We Merc's do have some morality.

Jim...

... Humiliation can be in relation to what others think of you or what you think of yourself.

I have a hard time thinking of anything more humiliating than hatching such an ill-conceived plan and then proving it by killing myself.

If you die, you won't be around to experience the humiliation. And this guy didn't expect to die, though knowledgable people on the thread wondered how he expected otherwise (already speculated on/theorized about at length).

Richard.

I have a hard time thinking of anything more humiliating than hatching such an ill-conceived plan and then proving it by killing myself.

The problem is that the initial fear of the humiliation prevents that much thought. It is also hard to believe that your plan will fail when everyone around you is telling you that you are the greatest diver on the planet, and no one knows more about dive planning than you. With such encouragement, it is hard to have those second thoughts.

I am constantly trying to keep my ego in check because there are so many people telling me how amazing of a diver I am. Even my wife keeps hassling me to buy more dive gear because of how incredible I dive. She wants me to buy a scooter next..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am constantly trying to keep my ego in check because there are so many people telling me how amazing of a diver I am. Even my wife keeps hassling me to buy more dive gear because of how incredible I dive.
I guess your awesome diving skillz are only surpassed by your humility...

The problem is that the initial fear of the humiliation prevents that much thought. It is also hard to believe that your plan will fail when everyone around you is telling you that you are the greatest diver on the planet, and no one knows more about dive planning than you...

I have to wonder just how the decompression and gas management was derived for this "dive plan". Could it be as simple-minded as just typing in the depth and RMV into a piece of software?

I have to wonder just how the decompression and gas management was derived for this “dive plan”. Could it be as simple-minded as just typing in the depth and RMV into a piece of software?

Very possibly.

Some friends of mine attempted a dive to 200 feet at an altitude of 16,000 feet recently. I don't know how they planned the ascent profile, but some deco software will allow you to put in those numbers and get a profile. Since it has never been done before, I wonder how the software is able to provide the numbers.

I am constantly trying to keep my ego in check because there are so many people telling me how amazing of a diver I am. Even my wife keeps hassling me to buy more dive gear because of how incredible I dive. She wants me to buy a scooter next..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL Garth!!

Back
Top Bottom