Do you usually need a torch/dive light for diving in Boston?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alex_can_dive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We're going on a dive next week at Grave's lighthouse late morning till afternoon. Should I buy a dive light?
Any suggestion on which brand to buy for a newbie? Prefer something relatively cheap but not too cheap it'd stop working before I hit the water. (Ranging from $25 to $100 :D)

Check out Dive Gear Express online. Lots of hood lights for not a ton o’cash.

A light is never a bad idea.

You'll probably only need a light to look under rocks and such. I use a small Princeton light attached to the harness on my left shoulder with a retractor. It's also my night diving backup light. It's won't allow for continued night diving but gives me enough light to read my compass and gages to return.

i would always bring a light diving anywhere in New England.

depending on where you go, and how lucky you get, you can expect anywhere from 5-50' of vis......average ive seen is around 20'.

if the water is turbid, a light can help you find partners if you get separated......and if its overcast and turbid, it can get pretty dark.

i like the Orcatorch D520

https://www.amazon.com/ORCATORCH-Flashlight-Submarine-Underwater-Battery/dp/B01LGM87MS

ive got a bunch of these and they run great.

We're going on a dive next week at Grave's lighthouse late morning till afternoon. Should I buy a dive light?
Any suggestion on which brand to buy for a newbie? Prefer something relatively cheap but not too cheap it'd stop working before I hit the water. (Ranging from $25 to $100 :D)

Please take a look at this light. 1000 lm, rechargeable and has proven to be very reliable, based on feedback from our customers. Well within your budget, too.

1000 Lumen Dive Light

dive-light-1000.jpg

dive-light-1000-package.jpg

thanks!

Dano

Is there a place on the butt end for a lanyard?

I would bring one, doesn't have to be a big one but a light is highly recommend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom