Do you use sun screen when going on your dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its good to hear that there are a lot of you who pretty aware of the harmful affects of most sunscreens on our reefsin tropical areas. I am not sure if regular sunscreen harms other sea life especially in cooler waters. Does any body know this.

Frank G

Its good to hear that there are a lot of you who pretty aware of the harmful affects of most sunscreens on our reefsin tropical areas. I am not sure if regular sunscreen harms other sea life especially in cooler waters. Does any body know this.

I've found that scuba divers (generally and as a community) are pretty aware of environmental impacts to ocean life. I guess we would all like to preserve something that is obviously important to us as divers.

As to your question whether regular sunscreen harms other sea life especially in cooler waters...my guess is probably "yes". If regular sunscreen "can" harm humans, it's probably not good for any sea life. I guess the question is in what concentration do negative effects start to take place. To reiterate, this is only my "guess" as I'm not aware of any studies to cite.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom