Do You "Mix and Match"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My left and right fins are Scubapro Jetfins. :)
My first and second stages are from different manufacturers, my plate is from ZKY and my gloves are either homemade or from a hiking store, depending on whether they leaked the previous dives. The homemade bungee fin straps are even different colors.

Aqualung BCD and regs. Scubapro fins. DUI drysuit. Might replace the BCD soon with a back inflate or BP/wing from any brand that fits well. The rest are completely different companies (Princeton Tec lights, Wenoka knives, Oceanic mask, Akona gloves, Bare hood, etc.).

No brand loyalty. Whatever fits and feels comfortable. Whatever works well with my dive goals.

I have not been a traditonally one brand shopper (Sherwood, Suunto, TUSA, Mares).

On the other hand, my GF, following her OW course basically adopted Mares for her fins, BCD (now replaced with an Express Tech) and reg (Abyss).

Two years ago, I discovered Zeagle from a friend of mine (SS BP&W, FH VI (X2) and Express Techs (X2)) and have had great support from a FL based LDS.

Finally, last year I added HOG and Shearwater to the inventory.

Let's see, HOG, Edge, Oceanic, Hollis, Dive Rite, Manta, Pinnacle, Wetwear, BARE, US Divers, Salvo, XS Scuba, Nocturnal Lights, and Dorcy for major (over say $50 per item) stuff, and numerous small items including a bunch of DIY gear.

Im the same as many others my gears all over the place and all different ages. I tend to now be brand loyal with some equipment and buy only Apeks regs, only MB-Sub lights, only Atomic masks and only Oxycheq wings. All other gear Fins etc are all from different manufacturers/brands.

I just thought about what I have:

Scubapro
Aqualung
Dacor
Healthways
Sportsways
Mares
XS Scuba
Tilos
Xcel
M&B
Suunto
Oceanways Pacific
Oceanic
Picasso
Trident
OMS
Dive Rite
Dris
UK
Princeton Tec
Riffe
JBL
National Divers
PST
US Divers
Oxycheq

and DIY...

There's another way? :confused:

Bob
------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

I'm pretty agnostic ...

Drysuits - Santi and Bare
Undergarments - Santi, Weezle and Softwear
BCD/BPW - DSS, FredT, Halcyon & Oxycheq
Regs - HOG, ScubaPro, Apeks, Aqualung, Deep Outdoors & Mares
Tanks - Faber, Worthington, PST, Luxfer & Catalina
Fins - Hollis, ScubaPro, XS Scuba & OMS
Lights - Salvo/Light Monkey, Gulftex, UK & DRIS
Gloves/Hoods - Atlas, Sea Soft, Henderson, DUI, Deep See & ScubaMax
Masks - Oceanic, Halcyon & HOG
Certifications - YMCA, NAUI, SDI/TDI, GUE, IANTD & NSS/CDS

... I do try to spread my money around the industry ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Occasionally a company will offer fantastic deals for instructors, especially if they buy a full kit. You will sometimes see an instructor decked out that way for that reason.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom