Do You Like Your Henderson Instra Dry Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brodydog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thinking about getting a pair. Would love to have drier boots for that second, third, and fourth dive of the day! Are they all you hoped for? Would you spend the extra $$ for them again?

Also curious if they will fit into my Apollo Split fins. I have been diving with soft sole boots. Did anyone switch from soft sole boots to the insta dry? If so did they fit the same size fins you had? I have plenty of space in my current fins with the soft sole boots I wear now, but when I tried on a pair of Tusa hard soles at a shop they did not seem like they would be comfortable to dive in with my fins. Those boots fit in my fins, but just barely so the top of the fin didn't come as far back on the top of my foot making me think it might be uncomfortable after kicking for awhile. Thoughts anyone?

I plan on getting the 5mm but may get the 7 mm. The shoe size and fit for my fins should be the same for the 5mm and the 7mm, shouldn't they?

My 5mm instadry boots were one of my first purchases. LOVE them. After 2.5 years and at least 1/2 of my 100+ dives there is still no odor at all in them. I've worn mine with my Scuba Pro Twin Jets and now my Hollis F1 fins. They both fit great - the Hollis have a HUGE foot pocket and these are fine in them. I would definitely get them again. They're never cold and clammy on the 2nd 3rd, 4th dives and I don't have to worry about drying them out for packing. The only minor nit that I've got is the strip of rubber(?) that runs up the back of them is beginning to come unglued, however, it's a stress point when hanging boots on a hook or peg so it doesn't surprise me and won't affect operation.

I've never used another boot other than my dry suit boots/shoes. No ides on sizing between 5 / 7mm but I wouldn't imagine they'd be different. Mine run true to size.

Back
Top Bottom