Do you have a diving nickname?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pony girl . . . by 1 of my dive buddies

TAS by some . . .

Muffinhead by all the rest . . . don't ask :shakehead:
Stay gold, pony girl. Stay gold. :wink:

All good nick names come from a dive adventure that was either note worthy or hilarious. Mine was a quarry dive in blue jean shorts, a t-shirt, dry suit hood and scuba rig. It all started as a bet and ended with me diving to 66 feet in the hill billy rig! Well after that day it was Scubabilly for me. I never have to wonder what 40º water feels like on bare legs, it is a lot like fire! Check out my photo's and you will see the photo.
Trust me this was on a dare and I know the safety factors but now they want it done in a speedo. Not going to happen!
A relief valve failure has threatened my Scubabilly nick name, they were calling me yellow dog through their laughter and jeers. With friends like mine you have to have a sense of humor. If not you would be a whippin boy. It is all in good fun.
Have fun all and remember to not take your self to serious, no one else will!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Not necessarily scuba diving, but before we deployed our company had a nice beach party at Haleiwa and one of the guys in my shop wanted to go freediving with me. So when we get there I shuck my clothes for wetsuit, weight belt, etc.

Now I'm a pretty thin guy and I catch lots of crap for it, and me putting on a wetsuit just accentuates my stick-figuredness. So I pose for some pictures from the unworthy -er, non-divers before going out and having some fun.

What put the icing on the cake is that, after playing in the water, I kept hanging around with my wetsuit at half-mast and wearing my dive boots, no shirt on my thin blindingly-white torso. I still catch crap for that stunt, 10 months later.

BTW, my nick is Aquaman. Lots of comedic fodder for these guys.

Peace,
Greg

I am known to many of those I dive with as "The Doc" (although I dont use the name myself),simlpy because I am.

Hahaha, i think everyone should have a nickname =]!

Shark Bait ~ used to be afraid of sharks and was only one in my group to skip a shark dive. Now I go on every shark dive and the name still sticks. :p

FREDO FINS FIRST................given to me by my fiance because when I first started I had very "floaty" feet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom