Do you get a C card for PADI enriched air ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about:

1. Do reading in manual
2. Watch video
3. Complete knowledge reviews
4. Go over knowledge reviews
5. Analyze two tanks, log and label
6a. Plan two two tank dives one with EAD and RDP and second with tables calculate o2 exposure
Or
6b. Plan two dives on computer
7. Take exam
8. Go over missed questions

Or if elearning, quick review and items 5 and 6.

No dives required anymore just dive planning.

If you didn’t do all that, you either didn’t do the nitrox certification course or you got taken advantage of.

How about:

1. Do reading in manual
2. Watch video
3. Complete knowledge reviews
4. Go over knowledge reviews
5. Analyze two tanks, log and label
6a. Plan two two tank dives one with EAD and RDP and second with tables calculate o2 exposure
Or
6b. Plan two dives on computer
7. Take exam
8. Go over missed questions

Or if elearning, quick review and items 5 and 6.

No dives required anymore just dive planning.

If you didn’t do all that, you either didn’t do the nitrox certification course or you got taken advantage of.
Yup, that's pretty much it.

I usually try to bundle PADI AOW and Nitrox EAN certs. together for students supply PADI materials for each. Usually on dive 3 of AOW will do a nitrox adventure dive after student has completed test & analyzed 2 tanks . I like doing this since PADI uses AOW training to get Instructors to promote various specialty training but given students a taste of each such as
navigation, wreck and deep..

I know it isn't the way PADI does it, but in the NASE OW class I'm assisting with, the second day of classroom was just for EAN. Maybe it's just my LDS, but it's being taught at the end of the OW course and then for an additional $75 the students can get the eLearning code and certification upon completion of that. And I could be mistaken, but I would suppose it would be entirely possible for them to make their OW check dives on EAN, although I'm not certain that would be the best idea. Maybe that's a question I pose to the instructor tomorrow night in my DM class.

I know it isn't the way PADI does it, but in the NASE OW class I'm assisting with, the second day of classroom was just for EAN. Maybe it's just my LDS, but it's being taught at the end of the OW course and then for an additional $75 the students can get the eLearning code and certification upon completion of that. And I could be mistaken, but I would suppose it would be entirely possible for them to make their OW check dives on EAN, although I'm not certain that would be the best idea. Maybe that's a question I pose to the instructor tomorrow night in my DM class.
I just think it would be too much multi-tasking for a new Open Water Student that is why I wait until advanced open water training to offer EAN option

padi standards are pretty clear - not allowed.
Divers may use enriched air on training dives if they
are certified as PADI Enriched Air Divers, or while
participating in the PADI Enriched Air Diver course.

There is this in the standards section of the instructors manual.

11. Divers may use enriched air on training dives if they are certified as PADI Enriched Air Divers, or while participating in the PADI Enriched Air Diver course.

But, there is also this.

There is an open water knowledge review question that implies that is it ok for a non-enriched air diver to use enriched air, if under the supervision of an enriched air instructor.

Knowledge review 4

One reason it is important to be certified as a PADI Enriched Air Diver, or under the supervision of a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, before using enriched air nitrox is to avoid oxygen toxicity problems
True/false

The answer is true.

There is an open water knowledge review question that implies that is it ok for a non-enriched air diver to use enriched air, if under the supervision of an enriched air instructor.

the IM gets updated yearly. The KRs usually only when the manual gets revised - say every 10 years. If you really want to use enriched air for this, call to get the official word.

Can someone move this to I2I? Little beyond original OP.

Knowledge review 4

One reason it is important to be certified as a PADI Enriched Air Diver, or under the supervision of a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, before using enriched air nitrox is to avoid oxygen toxicity problems
True/false

The answer is true.
The context is that you are either certified for nitrox, or being certified while using it. There is no implication in the OW manual or EANx manual that it is OK to just use nitrox on any old dive if uncertified. "under supervision" means in a class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom