do you ever notice negativity between dive shops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick,

From whom and where does LP get Scubapro and Aqua Lung equipment?

I can't tell you because I don't know. When I ran the second largest program for my LDS who I had been teaching through for several years, I couldn't tell you who they got their gear from either beyond "The Manufacturer".

It's just not my area of expertise, my life is busy enough and I don't really need to take on any extra areas of responsibility.

If you have questions about how we utilize social media, I can talk all day.

Nick,

From whom and where does LP get Scubapro and Aqua Lung equipment?

My guess would be:

a. LDS that are going out of business and need to dump their inventories.
b. LDS that try to get rid of previous year's inventory in order to stock current items.
c. Same for wholesale distributors.

My guess would be:

a. LDS that are going out of business and need to dump their inventories.
b. LDS that try to get rid of previous year's inventory in order to stock current items.
c. Same for wholesale distributors.

So you think they depend on buzzard's luck!!!

It seems to me they need a more reliable supply line than that. And the fact that they often have new models as soon as Scubapro releases them (in EU and not yet released in USA) suggests there must be other reliable sources.

So you think they depend on buzzard's luck!!!

It seems to me they need a more reliable supply line than that. And the fact that they often have new models as soon as Scubapro releases them (in EU and not yet released in USA) suggests there must be other reliable sources.

Dealers in countries like the US are required to enter into agreements on pricing, resale and other conditions in order for the manufacturer to sell to them. My understanding is that in some countries these agreements are illegal, so authorized dealers in those countries then sell items to grey market dealers like LP.

I cannot believe this thread is still running. What more can we cover on this topic?

Back
Top Bottom