Do you dive with a knife? How about a big knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i see lotsa big knives, usually a few times only...they get losts often getting back into the boat :) ive seen the "i just lost my damn big knife" on many faces too.

:errrr: I had a big knife a few years ago but it fell off getting on the boat. lol

Now I use two small, cheap(er) knifes.

The discussion has a vaguely Heinleinesk tone to it ala weapon selection in his young adult novel, Tunnel in the Sky.

I carry the eezycut trilobite. Actually I carry two, one on my waist webbing and one on my forearm. It is easily the best “cutting” device I’ve ever used. It cuts 11mm nylon rope and 7mm Neoprene with ease. (7mm wetsuit removal - EEZYCUT style! - YouTube) I don’t carry a BFK because I don’t have the need for one. If there is one good point from the John Chatterton article from the beginning of the post, it’s that you need the right tool for the right job. If I penetrated wrecks or did salvage work I’m pretty sure id like to have a big knife, but I don’t. For my purposes, the BFK would seem a bit overkill.

I always carry EMT shears on my BC shoulder harness and a folding knife in a pocket. If I am in an area known for nets and lines, I will add a sheath knife to my calf. Not a Sea Hunt Sword mind you, a blunt tip, serrated blade with a line cutter.

The discussion has a vaguely Heinleinesk tone to it ala weapon selection in his young adult novel, Tunnel in the Sky.

I think males have a primal instinct to want to protect their tribe and territory and to be ready to battle for mates. It's something hardwired into us by evolution. Give us an excuse to carry a weapon and we'll get extremely serious about it. It's in our nature.

She's like a bad girl I know I ought to avoid but...

Picture2009-9.jpg

I'm a BIG F'n KNIFE guy... Even got my wife to be a BIG F'n KNIFE girl.... There is something about a good looking Scuba-girl with a Big ass knife strapped to her thigh.... :worship::yeahbaby: I'll get a picture of her next week in Hawaii , Bikini scuba girl with her BIG Knife....:D....

Jim...

Still waiting for that photo you promised...

:wink:

It's a French construct. Heinleinesque.

Back
Top Bottom