Do the dive tables have a limit on the number of dives per day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amir4arkan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
آیا میزهای غواصی نیروی دریایی ایالات متحده محدودیتی در تعداد غواصی در روز دارند؟

A few more details of what's behind your question might help .... oh and in English too, I doubly many people reading this will understand Farsi.

Do US Navy dive tables have a limit on the number of dives per day?
No, except for deco and oxygen limits.

Yeah, I can’t read the body, but I can read the title…

PADI dive tables (added: and US Navy tables) for example, don’t specify a limit. They have a procedure for tracking multiple dives using the interval between them. If you continue to follow the procedure, it will continue to spit out a number.

A few notes: first, if your surface interval is below a certain length, you’ll still need to keep handling your dives as multiple dives, even if they occur on different days. For example, if you do a dive every 4 hours for two days, you’d never stop doing multiple dives even when the calendar switches.

Second, the farther you get down the multiple dive path, the farther you get from the data that was used to make the chart, and the farther you get from the people before you who safely used the chart. Two dives in relatively quick succession (say, 45 to 60 minutes in between) is extremely well tested. Four dives with a bit longer between them, also well tested. Even five dives in a day has been done — that’s the most I’ve ever done (but not using tables: I had a computer),

Beyond that typical profile, you will likely have less confidence. That means shorter intervals between dives or more dives per day and you will take on more risk. There are also different mechanisms that may add risk that are not covered by tables at all: like what happens when you recompress bubbles too soon after they’re formed (from a too-short surface interval) and they get on the arterial side of your circulatory system.

For me, the limit was never the tables. After four or five decent dives (not just a few minutes down and up), I’m dead tired. I can’t imagine wanting to do even more…

I hope that helps. If you would like more information, I’d be happy to give what I can, but English is all I got to give.

A few more details of what's behind your question might help .... oh and in English too, I doubly many people reading this will understand Farsi.
Do US Navy dive tables have a limit in the number of dives in one day?

بله، من نمی توانم بدن را بخوانم، اما می توانم عنوان را بخوانم…

به عنوان مثال، میزهای غواصی PADI (افزوده شده: و جداول نیروی دریایی ایالات متحده)، محدودیتی را مشخص نمی کنند. آنها روشی برای ردیابی چندین غواصی با استفاده از فاصله بین آنها دارند. اگر به پیروی از این روش ادامه دهید، به بیرون ریختن یک عدد ادامه خواهد داد.

چند نکته: اولاً، اگر فاصله سطح شما کمتر از طول مشخصی باشد، همچنان باید غواصی های خود را به صورت چندین غواصی انجام دهید، حتی اگر در روزهای مختلف اتفاق بیفتد. به عنوان مثال، اگر هر 4 ساعت یک بار به مدت دو روز یک شیرجه انجام دهید، حتی زمانی که تقویم تغییر می کند، هرگز غواصی های متعدد را متوقف نمی کنید.

دوم، هرچه در مسیر شیرجه چندگانه دورتر شوید، از داده‌هایی که برای ساختن نمودار استفاده شده است، دورتر می‌شوید و از افرادی که قبل از شما با خیال راحت از نمودار استفاده کرده‌اند دورتر می‌شوید. دو غواصی متوالی نسبتاً سریع (مثلاً بین 45 تا 60 دقیقه) بسیار خوب آزمایش شده است. چهار غواصی با کمی طولانی تر بین آنها، همچنین به خوبی آزمایش شده است. حتی پنج غواصی در یک روز انجام شده است - این بیشترین غواصی است که تا به حال انجام داده ام (اما بدون استفاده از جداول: من یک کامپیوتر داشتم).

فراتر از آن مشخصات معمولی، احتمالاً اعتماد به نفس کمتری خواهید داشت. این بدان معناست که فواصل کوتاه‌تر بین شیرجه‌ها یا شیرجه‌های بیشتر در روز وجود دارد و ریسک بیشتری را متحمل خواهید شد. مکانیسم‌های مختلفی نیز وجود دارد که ممکن است خطری را اضافه کند که به هیچ وجه توسط جداول پوشش داده نمی‌شود: مانند اتفاقی که می‌افتد وقتی حباب‌ها را خیلی زود پس از تشکیل دوباره فشرده می‌کنید (از یک فاصله سطحی بسیار کوتاه) و آنها در سمت شریانی شما قرار می‌گیرند. سیستم گردش خون

برای من، محدودیت هرگز جدول نبود. بعد از چهار یا پنج غواصی مناسب (نه فقط چند دقیقه پایین و بالا)، خسته شدم. نمی توانم تصور کنم که بخواهم بیشتر از این کار کنم…

امیدوارم که کمک کند. اگر اطلاعات بیشتری می خواهید، خوشحال می شوم آنچه را که می توانم ارائه دهم، اما انگلیسی تنها چیزی است که باید بدهم.
Thank you for your kindness, it was a perfect answer

Do US Navy dive tables have a limit in the number of dives in one day?

Not any more and not in your lifetime. As near as I can tell, repetitive dive tables were limited to two/day when the they was first introduced in the early 1950s (late 1940s?). That limit was removed by the time the 1959 manual was published, but that "convention" was followed into the early 1970s by many Navy and commercial diving supervisors.

I could not find any reference to repetitive air dives in the 1943 US Navy Diving Manual. The repetitive dive tables looked about the same in the 1959 manual as they do today. I don't have a copy of the 1952 manual.

آیا میزهای غواصی نیروی دریایی ایالات متحده محدودیتی در تعداد غواصی در روز دارند؟
A dive on US navy tables carries a penalty which puts a diver in a set repetitive group, A surface interval gives a credit which can be offset against the penalty. An exceptional exposure dive doesn't have a repetitive group so only one can be made in a day .

Attachments

• 20220721_160751.jpg
    20220721_160751.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 51
A dive on US navy tables carries a penalty which puts a diver in a set repetitive group, A surface interval gives a credit which can be offset against the penalty.
Aren't all NDL tables like this? Not just navy?

ScubaBoard has a number of US Navy Diving Manuals available for download. I have two more ready to be scanned, hopefully in the next few weeks,

Back
Top Bottom