Do I need pesos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're not wrong but there are those that do not succumb to $8 airport beers. And not fretting over a few dollars lost to exchange rate would not have saved you that $16 but added to it. Being thrifty or not is a mindset and usually not confined to one thing. Once you start justifying bad economics those "few bucks" can quickly add up. There are those that don't care whether their Coz trip cost $1500 rather than $1000 but I view it as being able to take 3 Coz trips instead of 2.

If I had that kind of thrifty mindset, I might already have saved enough to retire and visit Coz as much as some of you do!

If I had that kind of thrifty mindset, I might already have saved enough to retire and visit Coz as much as some of you do!

If we all had that thrifty mindset we probably would have taken up a different hobby.

I don't really care about $1 or .50 here or there but acknowledge that over the course of the trip it could add up (as noted, if $20 total is an issue to me, I shouldn't be diving!)

That said, if I have pesos I'll use pesos, if I don't I'll just use US. We took more cabs than usual last trip (from / to Blue Angel) due to a recent foot surgery, and had several trips where they'd quote a US price, and when I said Pesos it was at least $1 cheaper

At the end of the day though I'm on vacation so don't really worry about that stuff (unless it's a true ripoff)

Back
Top Bottom