Do any mfgs. make an off-the-rack athletic fit wet suits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rudebob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, I am no Adonis but I am having a tough time finding a comfortable 7 mil off-the-rack wetsuit that fits me comfortably. What fits in the waist/legs is too small in the chest/shoulders and vice-versa. I really don’t want to go custom. Surfing wetsuits are probably cut closer to what I am looking for but tough to find in a full 7 mil.

Any thoughts out there? Do any manufacturers out there make a scuba wet suit that is cut more athletically proportioned or do I just look for what stretches the best?

Thanks,

‘Bob

Thanks for the response. I checked O'Neill, but unless I am missing something, the only 7 mil I could find was a two piece style. I would prefer a one piece full 7 mil.

Waterproof has some EXTREMELY comfortable suits. I think you would find a great fit with their suits as well. 4th Element also has some really nice suits if you want a more subtle look than the Waterproof :wink:

camero
they are designed with the more athletic type of diver
XCel might also work for you

the only 7 mil I could find was a two piece style. I would prefer a one piece full 7 mil.

Any reason why you don't want two pieces? I had the same problem as you, and went with a L farmer john and an XL shorty. Effectively gives my 14mm in my core, and I can dive wet in the winter in New England.

My Henderson 7mm Aqualock is a pretty close fit in XLS. It's a bit poochy in the stomach area but otherwise it fit's my arms and legs (decent size) just perfectly as well as my shoulders. However I've never managed to get my shoulders to be comparable to my legs so YMMV.

I'm also an athletic fit. Waterproof didn't fit but Fourth Element fits me extremely well. Caveat that this is for 5mm but the sizes appear to be the same for 7mm so worth checking out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom