Do any All Inclusive / AI Resorts have included / unlimited diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you stay at Cozumel Palace (really nice, but also expensive), you can use your hotel credits to dive with Aqua Safari. Two tanks per day. No night dives. I did it once, but I didn't really like the larger, slower boats and bigger groups so we went back to paying for our usual dive op, Salty Endeavors.

If you stay at Cozumel Palace (really nice, but also expensive), you can use your hotel credits to dive with Aqua Safari. Two tanks per day. No night dives. I did it once, but I didn't really like the larger, slower boats and bigger groups so we went back to paying for our usual dive op, Salty Endeavors.

You cheated on me?!

Just joking. We sell the Palace package on our website. We get lots of questions about that hotel credits stuff with Aqua Safari. For the most part, that sounds great until you use it. As they say, you get what you pay for. Divers come back to us pretty quickly. My favorite was a client that had never dove with us before. After refusing my afternoon boats (only availability) he called me back. "Henry? I'm watching them unload now. Still have the afternoons available?" LOL.

Unlimited diving.... the best truly unlimited diving I have found would be the house Reef at Sunscape Curacao. They have tanks available 24/7 and the Reef is one of the healthiest I have dove anywhere. I logged 18 hours in 5 days and could have easily logged 24 and more but my wife would have cut the hoses on my regs. I went to 168 feet and did not see the bottom so if you want to get froggy, you can. The wall starts at about 40 feet and I lead dives multiple times in the 40-60 foot range and could have done the same dives again every day and not been bored. It was a lot like Santa Rosa Wall...but deeper and with some wrecks and vehicles. Almost no current. Not much big aquatic life, but tons of smaller fish. Not like Aquarium by The Belize Bluehole, but almost. More scorpion fish and trumpet fish than I have ever seen anywhere. Lots of healthy brain corral, but some bleaching was starting. Enough Lionfish to make hunting fun, but the fish populations were still healthy.

My happy place will always be Cozumel, the people, food, and diving are always the reasons we return year after year, but if you are wanting to log some SERIOUS dive time without having to drive to a dive site like Bonaire, or get on a boat, Curacao is it. We had the room closest to the diveshop so it was a 50 yard walk, gear up, and splash. They will give you a key to the room where the tanks and weights are stored. The rest is up to you. If you want to do a 2am night dive because you can't sleep...no problem. A 6am dive to watch the sun come up and colors come alive was one of my best dives ever. Navigation is so easy a cavema.... nevermind. It's easy.

We have learned how to do Coz on a budget, Curacao is more expensive than what Coz will cost us, but not bad. 7 hours in a plane (for us) sucks, but it's not bad.

Cozumel will always be our second home for lots of reasons, but when I need some intensive underwater therapy, Curacao will be the destination.

Good luck,
Safe travels.

Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom