DMT/EMT courses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
Dr. Deco,
I am considering taking my next course which will be the DMT /EMT course, do you have any recomendations to where to do this course. I do live in Thailand but travel around to what sounds interesting.

Bruce

Dear andibk:

I do not have any answer for this. I am really a research scientist and not well versed on training classes.

Hopefully some of our other readers will be able to answer this one.

Dr D. :doctor:

... this very same thread is running concurrently on the Dive Medicine section of this forum. The answer recommended there is the DDRC in Plymouth, UK:
http://www.scubaboard.com/t30817/s.html

Amazingly, the guy providing the reply is also based in Thailand! Perhaps you might want to drop him a private mail?

Incidentally, I am also planning to do this course pretty soon. And I've also come to the conclusion that the DDRC seems to offer a very challenging and comprehensive package. (The DDRC in the UK is what Duke University is for the United States, BTW.)

I know there's a similar course at a hyperbaric facility in Liverpool (UK) too, and also some very good courses in South Africa (cheap and very comprehensive, large chance to treat gunshot wounds as well which is unusual where I live) and of course in the USA. Unfortunately I'm not very conversant in the US courses, but I assume they are world class as well. Perhaps some other reader might know more?

There some good facilities in Australia, some of which are allied with the Australian Navy, that teach this course and might be easier to get to from Thailand. Prices and exchange rates should be better as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom