• 51-75

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • 76-100

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • 101+

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3 dives and one was far from fun.
First dive of the year: shore dive to get aquainted with equipment 30min @ 30ft
Secound dive: spear fishing saw the biggest fish in the first 5 min. and thought "no way am I going to see the first big fish right away I should wait a while" an hour and a half later I got out of the water and no fish. I should have shot the first one:( 80min @ 25ft
Last dive of the year: spearfishing in zero vis. I got in swam to my spot and couldent see the end of the gun. I turned around and got out agan. 10 min. @20ft

I didn't DM very much this year due to some respiratory problems but I did do 18 'working' dives this year, so the other 90 dives were fun dives.

On an average year, about half my dives are for fun. You have to make your fun diving a priority or you'll end up working every weekend. At one point Beast and I were the only DM's in our shop and we got caught up in classes every weekend either in the pool or checkouts. At some point you just have to put your foot down!

Usually about 60/40, non-working to working dives. Average a little over a hundred dives total per year.

"You have to make your fun diving a priority or you'll end up working every weekend"

"If all you do is "work dives" -- you've missed the point."

I plan fun dives every year but never get the chance:rolleyes: maybe next year:) or I mean this year

Not every dive is fun but most are always exciting, my problem is not so much working while diving its managing the top side circus or just making sure no problems have the opertuinity to develop. Actuialy this year I plan at least four dives where I have no responsability to any thing other than myself and my buddy. Ill be doing my first deep trimix dives and dont want to overload myself.

I just posted my totals earlier this week on DiverLink

Summary on DiverLink

by my definition almost all of them can be considered "fun" dives - after all - I do the DM thing cause I enjoy it! [Certainly not for the high pay rate]

Even then - I chose the 26-50 category as I even more pointedly consider all my volunteer diving as fun!

salty once bubbled...
....Not every dive is fun but most are always exciting, my problem is not so much working while diving its managing the top side circus or just making sure no problems have the opertuinity to develop. Actuialy this year I plan at least four dives where I have no responsability to any thing other than myself and my buddy. Ill be doing my first deep trimix dives and dont want to overload myself.

By work dives, I don't just mean the actual dive time spent in the water. That part is always fun. As Salty mentions, the topside activities are where most of the work comes in. Larry also makes a point...it's all fun or we wouldn't be doing it. But you can get into the circle of working a class when you'd rather not because you don't want to let the Instructor or the students down. That's fine for awhile but after a bit it's yourself you're letting down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom