DM will work for free diving in AU... viable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

escapeartist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey all,
I'm new to the boards. My husband and I are taking a year off to travel the world and dive. We are doing our divemaster (hopefully) in Roatan and then are looking to do a six month or so stop in Australia (Cairns). My question is, is it viable to try and work as DMs in Australia in return for free diving. We aren't looking to make money...just to support our ever-increasing diving habit. Any experiences would be really appreciated.
Thanks!
Natasha

PS...forgot to ask if working as a DM is enough to help cover some traveling expenses as we go...would like to make stops in other places around the world.

In NSW DM's do not get paid, just get free dives and cheap gear, so I doubt it would be any different in Qld. So I guess you would not be able to earn any money doing this.

You should also check whether you would need a work visa.

Yes, we can get a working holiday visa easily thanks to the Canadian governments deal with AU. Okay well, as long as we can get free diving then! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom