DM lost in translation!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reevo:
Hey Alcina, thanks for the good tip on the equipment exchange. I have to do it with my instructor as i dont have a DM buddy so i want it to go smoothly.
!

FWIW any candidate I do equipment exchange with finds it FAR tougher to do than if they do it with another diver -doesn't have to be a dm candidate. I would expect your instructor to try to make your life miserable on this exchange.

hmmm...we did something that worked for us. One person passed the reg the whole time back and forth and the other person "undressed" both and then we switched. The funny thing we did not plan it but just fell into that rythm for some reason. I did the air and he did the gear. ?? kinda crazy but very smooth.

oh...well we did.

in real life, I guess you would do what works?

maybe PADI will track me down and yank my patch?

it was kinda fun....wink wink. I had a cute partner.

In fact, I guess that's my advice---find somebody you have sympatico with.

Not some mean tough instructor!

Hey, i can understand your thinking about the instruction i am receiving alcina. To reassure you Japanese people are very precise and they are very good instructors and are making sure that i thoroughly understand things, the reason i am asking is because they have explained it and i am pretty sure how the scoring works but i would like to check in case i have accidently made a mistake and want to make sure that i understand 100% clearly so that i can attain the best scores possible and be as good of a DM as possible. It`s more for my own piece of mind than anything rather than not knowing:wink:

As for the equipment exchange itself i unfortuately dont have too much of a choice as there are 2 instructors and me the lowly DM. Thanks for the tips, they have told me that i will be the leader though and during the exchange they will only do things if i instruct them to do so and that buddy breathing is essential.

Thanks,
Andy.

Back
Top Bottom