DM course is finally here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good luck to you. It is a tough course but the rewards are inumerable.

Congrats RJP!!!!

Have fun! I learned so much through my course. Now that I'm done and can work as a DM, it has been even more fun. Study hard.:D

Congratulations on making the next step... If things work out for me, I will be starting my DM course next summer. I have already been reading everything I can to get a jump on the academics. I would like to have quite a few more dives in my log by then... it's doable though. I am looking forward to it. Keep us posted on your progress.

Steve

I will post my progress for sure. I got most of my reading materials, my "real" packet did not make it in yet - but my instructor/owner let me borrow some to get started. I *could* sit in with an open water class as early as next week! Wow, gotta get reading! Also, I have looked at the reference materials and "stickies" in the going pro section... definitely good stuff there. I had printed up some things from that forum to take with me when I met with my instructor/owner. For now, lots of reading....

Good luck to you.

Some advice I give to all DMC's is to work with as many different Inst's and classes as you can.
Try not to stick with just one Inst. so you can see many different teaching styles and "cherry pick" to devlop your own teaching/assisting style.

Have fun with it.

Because of some of the posts in my DM Expectations thread, I'm thinking of something directly along those lines - calling up another LDS locally and ask to sit in with some of their classes, etc. Not sure if they would do it but I'm not afraid to ask. That would not only give me more instructor exposure, but the ways and means of another LDS might do me some good. Thoughts? Think they'll go for something like that? I'm thinking of A-1 Scuba or Underwater Phantaseas here in Denver....

Back
Top Bottom