DM course anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blobfish

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi

I'm new here. My purpose for joining was to see if I can find a buddy to join me in Bali, who's also interested in completing their DM course while they're out there.

I have already booked my course with Absolute Scuba Padang Bai and if I can find a second person to room share with me, the price of the course remains the same, if not and I will have a single suppliment to pay on top.

I fly to Bali on 01/02/2010 and the months DM internship should be finished by 05/03/2010. Please PM me or contact the company direct if you are interested in sharing the course/room with me. My name is Bruce.

Best to always write out the date when communicating internationally, in the US, 01/02/2010 would be January 2 and 05/03/2010 would be May 3 , I know you mean February 1 because you specify a month training. but at first glance I thought you were going to stay for four months.

Make sure you get a visa that is long enough to cover your stay. Some embassies with give you a 60 day visa. If you did the 30 day Visa on arrival (assuming you are citizen of country that qualifies for the Visa on arrival) you would exceed your thirty days and officially you are not allowed to extend a 30 day visa on arrival. Also make sure that your passport is valid for a least six months on the day you arrive.

I know of a case where a well known underwater photographer was not even allowed to depart the US for Indonesia because his passport had less than six months validity remaining. He had to cancel his plans and get an new passport rebook his hotels and flights.

Be sure to ask what the international departure tax is and save some money for that. It is usually paid in Indonesia cash after you check in - there will be a special counter located someplace before you enter the departure lounge. It varies from airport to airport but is not much, about USD $10 or so. In most countries the departure tax is included in the ticket.

Back
Top Bottom