DM costs / IDC costs in PI and location

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhadamantus:
and matt, you're so associated with your nasty jagger machine, iris gets sloshed everytime she mentions you and thus, the mix up!

Fair enough! Oh look at the time, i think i hear the bell ringing...

have u thought of installing the yaeger machine to one of the bangkas... would make for a nice ride back... :eyebrow:

matt_reed:
Thanks for the vote of confidence Iris :D but if you're talking about me I work at Atlantis; and yes we'll take care of him, the jager machine needs a new test driver...bwahahaha :crafty:
eep! sowi, matt

@mark: go with matt of asia divers

sorry... couldn't help it :D

quick question. there is not big enough swimming pool in PG as far as I know. you guys do 400m swimming and 15miniutes floating in open water?

quick question. there is not big enough swimming pool in PG as far as I know. you guys do 400m swimming and 15miniutes floating in open water?

confined water exercises are done in the pool... so the student swim from one end of the pool to the other and back (and forth and back).

confined water exercises are done in the pool... so the student swim from one end of the pool to the other and back (and forth and back).
"confined water" as defined by the training manual basically means water whose depth is that that the instructor has total control (or much greater control) over any situation that may arise (i'm paraphrasing here)

basically you can have "confined water" exercises in the beach where it is shallow and there are no currents or waves are not high - basically like a pool

the opposite is "open water" w/c, as you've already discovered, is not a situation where an instructor has control and where you wouldn't exactly want to try your first reg removal/ retrieval exercise

Jag

i was referring to how it is practiced in PG... what the other shops without a pool do is rent the use of the pools of other resorts.

how i came to know about this is because i have been hanging with Big Apple Dive Resort too much i might as well have worked there!

"confined water" as defined by the training manual basically means water whose depth is that that the instructor has total control (or much greater control) over any situation that may arise (i'm paraphrasing here)

basically you can have "confined water" exercises in the beach where it is shallow and there are no currents or waves are not high - basically like a pool

the opposite is "open water" w/c, as you've already discovered, is not a situation where an instructor has control and where you wouldn't exactly want to try your first reg removal/ retrieval exercise

Jag

Back
Top Bottom