DM costs / IDC costs in PI and location

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cundall

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I have dived in the philippines before and i loved it and i cannot wait until i save enough money so i can come back just for a quick 2 week break in July / August before i come back in October / November to do my DM and IDC.

I was thinking of doing my DM in Puerto Galera as i loved the range of dive sites within a few minutes of Sebang plus the cost of living seemed good. The cost of the DM in Puerto Galera i have been quoted as $580 (US) all in with a good dive shop and 40 dives included plus i can take as long as i want to do it!

The only other place i was thinking of doing my DM was Panglao (Bohol) though i found it more expensive for accommodation and food ect.

Infact i think i have made my mind up on where i am doing my DM its just my IDC i am really thinking about.

The IDC i have had a quote from a dive center in palawan though it seems a company where they give you a quote and then there is this exrtra charge, then this extra charge ect.

So does anyone know a good place for diving as well as a good place to do my IDC which is not going to charge me mega bucks! I want to enjoy my time in the philippines and not do my IDC in a factory! IE Koh Tao (thailand).

Sorry i know its a bit of a broad question!

Salamat Po in advance!

I believe the IDC at Asia Divers in Sabang, Puerto Galera is top-notch.

PPDers- didnt BabyD took his there?

Thanks very much everyone i have now alot of reading to go through and working out!

Yes I did Maganda Maggie.....IDC at Asia Divers is the A-ticket. Let me know if I can help you with future plans for DM and OWSI....send me a PM

iris_ice:
matt of asia divers.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Iris :D but if you're talking about me I work at Atlantis; and yes we'll take care of him, the jager machine needs a new test driver...bwahahaha :crafty:

ohhh, nooo, i swear im going to stop after i get certified for Rescue.

but cundall, do pm BabyD. he'll give u some tips.

and matt, you're so associated with your nasty jagger machine, iris gets sloshed everytime she mentions you and thus, the mix up!

Babydamulag:
Yes I did Maganda Maggie.....IDC at Asia Divers is the A-ticket. Let me know if I can help you with future plans for DM and OWSI....send me a PM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom