DM Conducted Progs. Exam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have the CD ROM for the DM led Programs and printed it out. I believe for the exam you are allowed to use the Instructors Manual. Do you find the same exact stuff on these programs in there? I can't afford to buy the Instr.Manual right now. I assume that when I start the course the instructor will show us how to look it up and we will have one for the exam. If it's the same as the CD ROM I would assume I could use my print out. Does anyone (or is anyone required to) memorize all of the stuff in the CD ROM for the test if you don't own an Instructor's Manual? Thanks.

for the DM exams you may use the DM conducted programs outlines that you have - also you may use an instructor manual with all the DM course stuff removed - the two are identical. You also won't really need them for the exams. You're required to have them for the DM course, but most of the information that you need is in the DM manual. It's an easy peasy exam and no - very few people are cabaple of memorising the entire Instructor manual! That would be seriously painful!!!!

Good luck,

C.

Thanks again C.

no worries dude - seriously, if you need help or advice please feel free to PM me - I'm not going to give you all the answers but I've trained a LOT of DMs and instructors and am always happy to help.

C.

Yes.

Now that the AWARE book is available to us in PDF....maybe my "dream" of all the student manuals will someday be available to us in PDF.

Carrying 1 laptop is far preferable to a stack of books.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom