DIY Wing Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for responding. I've made my own bladders for an xdeep ghost type and a razor sidemount type, both of which worked ok. I tried to make an oval one like you do but it wasn't great so maybe the swimring is the answer. Do they trap air because the shapes are different or am I imagining an issue that doesn't exist?
I have a dodgy shoulder and can't reach doubles valves so wont be needing to make a doubles wing any time soon! :)
Cheers
I haven't had any issues with air trapping. In my conversation with Tkdcol I broke out a pretty thorough how to on them... Want me to clean it up into a single document and send it?

I haven't had any issues with air trapping. In my conversation with Tkdcol I broke out a pretty thorough how to on them... Want me to clean it up into a single document and send it?
Yes please, that would be great James, or was that an online conversation - can I go looking and find it myself?

Yes please, that would be great James, or was that an online conversation - can I go looking and find it myself?
It was in DMs. It's past my bed time, lol, so I'll copy and clean them up tomorrow to post.

Mk1 through Mk4 instructions and my cuttingboard backplate template attached.
Use at own risk.
Thanks James, that is pretty much as I did but with the homemade bladder instead of the pool ring. Nice to read your process, thank you!
Metric instructions? :)

Thanks James, that is pretty much as I did but with the homemade bladder instead of the pool ring. Nice to read your process, thank you!
Metric instructions? :)
Original posts were to someone in metric land... I work in both pretty interchangeably.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom