DIY Website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

canuckdiver once bubbled...
Just as an aside guys, lets not forget that Ladydiver and Kingneptune offer hosting services, and that business provides us with THIS valuable resource :wink:

Please post Link to Web hosting!!!

TY

nickjb once bubbled...
While we are on the subject... Does anyone know of an HTML editor that will run without requiring a windows instal so I can do a little editting at work? As ever, preferably free.
Nick...HTML is only text.....so any text editor (including Notepad) will edit your page. Just open the page and edit it, save it, load your browser and see if the changes did what you wanted. Don't forget to hit "refresh" in the browser for the latest saved version. You can continue editing and checking your work with having to close each progam down.
Randy...

weight_for_me once bubbled...

Nick...HTML is only text.....so any text editor (including Notepad) will edit your page. Just open the page and edit it, save it, load your browser and see if the changes did what you wanted. Don't forget to hit "refresh" in the browser for the latest saved version. You can continue editing and checking your work with having to close each progam down.
Randy...

That is what I do at the moment. The problem is that keep reading about people who have switched to some fancy editor and how it so much better than just using a text editor. I figure I should get in on the action.

Just about any editor. No matter how good. You will still have to do some tweaking to the code by hand.

Dreamweaver is by far that best. And seems to ad less usless fat to the code than most other editors.

I do HTML work for a liveing.

I will use nothing but a text editor. Its a fancy one with macros, syntax highlights and other doodads, but in the end its just a notepad with features.

I absolutly despise the garbage that your typical html editor produces. I have yet to see a single one that supports HTML 4.0 strict. The code produced is a nightmare to read, edit or suport.

When I have to support HTML writen by one of these tools, my first step is a complete re-write.

If your just trying to toss up a simple page with some links and pictures.. sure. If your going to do anything involving forms, databases, cookies or anything remotely complicated or interesting.. buy an HTML book and do it by hand.

I bought 'Creating Web Pages for Dummies', read it, and had my page up and running in 24 hours. No kidding. It's pretty easy. You might also take a look at SWish, it's a flash program that is very easy.

PhotoTJ once bubbled...
I bought 'Creating Web Pages for Dummies', read it, and had my page up and running in 24 hours. No kidding. It's pretty easy. You might also take a look at SWish, it's a flash program that is very easy.

I used Swish for my flash and I like it alot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom