DIY Video Housing Plans Needed...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Padi Pro might be able to help you. I got great plans for a canister light from him

DIY Equipment

There is also a guy from canada that has them on eBay for $4.95 sometimes. He is the same guy that does the canaster light and scooter plans.

Pancho....GaryD on Diverlink has some very simple plans. You know how to find him....and I bet the price will be right, too! :wink:

this is something I would be interested in too, would someone please forward the info to me as well?

If you are looking for a simple housing with no controls, building a housing is no big deal.
I got all the materials I needed locally and built one over the course of a weekend.
The main body is 6 inch schedule 80 pvc, the lenses are 1/2 inch plexiglass. I used 1/8 inch sheet rubber for a simple gasket to seal it up. As far as contols, I just seal the camcorder up and then use the remote to start it when I'm ready to dive.
It's not perfect, but the price is right and it suits my purposes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom