DIY Video Housing a success...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

looks like nice design for o-ring. Keep in mind, O rings are easy to make from bulk o-ring material so don't have to buy expensive o-rings ,or make housing to fit a specific o-ring you have available.

A straight butt end cut with razor blade and superglue does the job.

BTW, I have 2 videos now posted to you tube. see both here:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

One is cape hatteras shark dive, another is dive in underground lake in florida sinkhole called Devil's Den. MK

Just did my first dive with the second housing I made. This one is a little longer so I could fit the wide angle lens on the camera. The dive we did was off of Wilmington, NC on the ship wrecks Hyde and Markham. Vis was good to about 40 feet and from there down it was pretty blown out. So we hung around40 feet and watched all the sand tiger sharks. When I get home and and edit the video, I will post a lint to it here.

The Sandies are really great. would like to see your video. mk

Last edited:
You got some fantastic footage. I haven't had the chance to watch all the way through but I will. The sandies are great subjects for the videos. They look gnarly with all the teeth but don't threaten the divers.

good footage for the jellyfish too. Great job.

Now, I need to get a better video light.

watched the vids through. When I was with the sandies, they were on the bottom and I couldn't get any of the really great looking up at the mouth shots like you got on the markham and hyde. I will go again, don't know if next year but certainly the next after that.

Also looked at the dutch springs. Brrrr! dry suit diving. I learned to dive ina Quarry in Wisconsin. That's why I live in Florida now.

I enjoyed your videos. MK

Back
Top Bottom