DIY Video Housing a success...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am trying to post the pictures of my housing and keep getting a failure to upload? I am outside of any fire wall and I've shrunk them down to a mere pittance of there former grandure.

What could be going wrong? I can attach or add pics to any other site:confused:

The Horn:
...What could be going wrong? I can attach or add pics to any other site:confused:

I can't give you a reason why you're not having success. Perhaps a PM to El Orans would be a good idea.

An alternative (that I used) is to open a PhotoBucket account. Once the image is uploaded to your account, they give you the correct BBcode tag for pasting into your SB posts below each image. It's pretty handy. Another tip is I size my images to 640x480. That way they generally fit nicely into most screen resolutions on the SB layout (with the space lost to the left of each post for avatars and other info).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Andrew

The Horn:
I am trying to post the pictures of my housing and keep getting a failure to upload? I am outside of any fire wall and I've shrunk them down to a mere pittance of there former grandure.

What could be going wrong? I can attach or add pics to any other site:confused:
The attachment function is currently non-functional. The easiest way to do this is upload pictures to your Photo Gallery here and then link to them. Or link to them on a Photobucket account. Picasa doesn't seem to allow linking from here either.

The latest from Laurens (El Orans):
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=168134

Copious amounts of good information, has resulted in a watertight housing from bathtub to pool to maiden dive. Conditions were overcast and calm on the 21st of December, viz for this area was pretty good at 25' to 30', our deepest depth on dive was 25'. Wreck was in 14 to 16' of water. Video shot that day is much clearer than I can provide for the web, as the clips are compressed.

While she'll always be my first she's just not as pretty as the other girls. :D

On the first dive I could easily see my internal display as intended, with the offshoot of the housing, however I’d never realized my display screen could be flipped 180 degrees to display outward on my camera till a more recent post, thanks 426Scuba :mooner:

Acrylic disks I was able to have cut from a local machine shop with a Circular Cutting Machine (C & C) for $20 total to spec (haggling price is up to you).

Here’s my link on design photos, plus some video of maiden dive: Sugar Barge off Anna Maria Island, FL with dive buddy Chris who recommend this thread. Unit is watertight but not completed 100% with regard to handles.

http://www.myersinteractive.com/Scuba1.asp

Incorporating designs by Bobby M, 426Scuba, PadiPro and a UK based design I've already started a new housing:

- Single acrylic disk
- Single O-ring
- Three latches
- Side acrylic window w/ reflective exterior mirror panel
- Zoom/Wide Angle Capable (Found myself desiring this on the first dive)
**** Use of an external magnet w/ spring loaded trigger
**** Internal magnetic switch attached to camera’s remote mounted internally
**** Magnetic switches are already used in dive lights and underwater scooter throttles.

Kudos to everyone who keeps this thread alive!

The_Diving_Hampster

“No problem can stand the assault of sustained thinking.” Ancient Chinese Cookie

Nice job, DH. Looking forward to seeing more clips and maybe version 2 (if you plan on making one). Congratulations!

Nice job guys.

I just finished my latest housing for a guy that I work with using a few of the ideas people have posted here and on my DIY site so thanks to everyone for the information.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.

mylatestcreation.msnw

I can't believe how popular and long running this thread has become. The V2 housing is getting depth tested in early January and I'm looking forward to the results. It's been down to 10 feet and once you get there, you're just about home free. Good luck everyone and happy new year.

Bobby

I've been following this thread all year and have decided to build my own housing based on Bobby M's designs. I will post it when it is completed. If succesful I am also making up a set of plans for anyone interested.

I love how the new ideas keep coming. This is exactly why I started my DIY site. Everyone here has done a great job with their housings and it's great that they have shared their ideas with the rest of us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom