DIY splash rinsing station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So just for fun I'm doing a soak station. The station is 10 gallon tote partially filled with water.

As part of the soak I'm thinking of setting up a splash rinse with shelf, so of course how do I set up the splash part.

I want to pump the water to the shelf and have rinse the gear on the self. So how do I build a system that will splash the the water on the shelf without it spraying everywhere?

Small fish tank or pond pump? Have it cascade down and be spread across the shelf with some sort of drip head

Small fish tank or pond pump? Have it cascade down and be spread across the shelf with some sort of drip head

Exactly, but how do I make the cascade or drip head?

I used to dunk, now I just hose off and hang to dry.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to accomplish here.

Dunk in a 10 gallon tote and rinse with fresh water on a shelf? What are you trying to clean?

10 gallons is about the size of a kitchen sink.

1/16" drill bit
14 - 16" of 1/2" pvc
Cap the end of the pvc on one end, drill a couple rows of holes along the length, bend pvc with a torch or use a 90° elbow to go vertical in ref to the holes, attach pump to upturned pipe. Instant drip rail. Adjust pressure and volume out by adding more holes

A spray bar like Boarder guy suggested would work, but I'd put a valve on it to control flow unless you get a variable speed pump.

I'm still trying to understand the purpose here.
I didn't include a ball valve because I was going for cheap.

Bored and playing around
You could also set up a reservoir that the pump fills and have it cascade like an infinity pool onto your gear.

Back
Top Bottom