DIY Sink The Stink?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I once used "simple green" to detoxify a refrigerator back in college. I was one step away from calling in an exorcist, but the "simple green" did the job. It might work as a wetsuit wash, if diluted.

Well...

I wouldn't have done this with a "good" wetsuit. But someone said to me once. "Put the thing in the washing machine on delicate." So, I did and it with my worn out one and it worked wonders. I'd do it with an expensive wetsuit now, too. I used regular washing soap and a dash of myrzyme (spell that) and it worked wonders.

Sam's Club sells some lemonny smelling enzyme based odor killing stuff in gallon size jugs. I've used that and it works pretty well, too.

slingshot:
I once used "simple green" to detoxify a refrigerator back in college. I was one step away from calling in an exorcist, but the "simple green" did the job. It might work as a wetsuit wash, if diluted.
Careful with the Simple Green if there’s any aluminum around. The Navy discovered (the hard way) that it can do some nasty stuff to the surface structure of many aluminums and caused filiform corrosion around rivets. I don’t remember all the details, but the stuff is banned at many airports.

I have always used a 2cups of listerene in my 30 gallon dunk can. It is cheap and my suit always smells minty fresh! Lol

Give it a try and let us know.

No kidding, I'd never have thought of putting a wetsuit into the washer. It worked wonders!

Back
Top Bottom