DIY Nitrox Analyzer (Arduino based)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello everybody,

I have my Arduino nano hooked up to my computer, I have the Arduino program application pulled up, and i'm attempting to program it using the source found here DIY Nitrox Analyzer - Eunjae Im

I'm a little confused on the actual steps. I see some comments in the code so I know it's not a copy and paste code, but I don't know what needs to go and what stays. Additionally, I'm unsure of how to add the "additional" Library stuff.

I'm sure its rudimentary to you guys, but i'm slightly lost on that part.

Hello everybody,

I have my Arduino nano hooked up to my computer, I have the Arduino program application pulled up, and i'm attempting to program it using the source found here DIY Nitrox Analyzer - Eunjae Im

I'm a little confused on the actual steps. I see some comments in the code so I know it's not a copy and paste code, but I don't know what needs to go and what stays. Additionally, I'm unsure of how to add the "additional" Library stuff.

I'm sure its rudimentary to you guys, but i'm slightly lost on that part.
If you just want to have a functioning unit without understanding anything about microcontrollers, use the same exact hardware and follow the connection diagram exactly. This might be a little hard to do especially if you cannot get the exact same modules with the same pinouts. You can watch YouTube on how to install specific libraries for your board. If everything is the same, you do not need to modify the program. Otherwise you will have to learn quite a bit about the Arduino and how to program it.

Yay! Thanks for the idea and help getting those done!

Attachments

• 37957184-93AB-46D6-9FD9-753296951F60.jpeg
    37957184-93AB-46D6-9FD9-753296951F60.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 142
Yay! Thanks for the idea and help getting those done!
Looks great, next step would be a 3d printed case or similar, something with a little water resistance, maybe conformal coat the electronics.

Curious, could something like this leave you in a liability position is someone else uses it or you decide to sell one? I have friends begging me to make them but I'm too worried about someone toxing out and the investigation finding out the analyzer I made was off by 1%.

Curious, could something like this leave you in a liability position is someone else uses it or you decide to sell one? I have friends begging me to make them but I'm too worried about someone toxing out and the investigation finding out the analyzer I made was off by 1%.
1% won't make any difference, be He or O2, to the best of my knowledge

1% won't make any difference, be He or O2, to the best of my knowledge
Regardless, if anything went wrong I wouldn't want to be held accountable

The sensors used in most analysers, commercial or homemade are rated at ± 2% anyway. Sure there may be liability here. Also if you loaned equipment to someone. Probably the most liability that we routinely take on is to buddy with someone or to drive a boat with others onboard. When was the last time you heard of someone oxtox that wasn't on a rebreather or tech dive and switched to blatantly wrong gas. Not sure I ever heard an example of one that was due to slightly mis analysed gas. Not saying it couldn't happen but I think the risk is very small compared to all the others.

You could half make it and have them help assemble it, it's good for them to half understand their equipment...
If they are serious they should have no problems showing some interest, and helps weed out friends that don't want to put effort into a homemade gizmo.

Then it's their responsibility,
As long as you are not "making money " and only helping...

Every analyzer is off 1% or more. The sensor accuracy is +/-2% of Full Scale. Here are the specs for sensor in my analyzer and rebreather.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom