DIY Nitrox Analyzer (Arduino based)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been looking for a new eeng project and just found this. I'm going to look into contributing on this. Looks like He sensors are really expensive otherwise that would've been cool.

Here is an Arduino based Nitrox anlyzer I recently made. It uses an Arduino Nano, an ADS1115 ADC, and a 0.96" I2C OLED display. It uses the PSR-11-39-JD sensor from DGX. This is loosely based on this one: Arduino oled nitrox analyzer - Eunjae Im. But the code was too complex for me, so I decided to write my own simpler code and display the actual sensor reading in mV as a final check (because I am obsessive about knowing what lies under the hood) .

It auto calibrates at startup and has on-demand calibration via a push-button. I decided not to store calibration values after power off as a safety precaution. It has gone through several iterations and ended up with the sensor and sampler built-in but with an external port. It is powered by an 18650 cell which can be charged via a micro USB port. It uses ~25 mA at full draw.

Included in the pics is one with an external sensor input only and powered by 2 AA batteries and a 5V boost converter and another one using a hacked PM128 panel meter (Oxycheq El Cheapo clone).
View attachment 514509 View attachment 514510 View attachment 514511 View attachment 514512 View attachment 514513
Impressive work. What is the total cost of this setup?

I just watched your YT video on this device. Looks pretty neat. Thanks for sharing your ideas etc. You may get less expensive sensors if you find someone who uses a rebreather regularly. They change out the sensors in them long before their useful life is finished.

Reactions: Pao
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom