DIY DPV - scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe it is some solution to mount electromotor in some heat conductive watertight enclosure and to prolonge propeler shaft.

Maybe could use in that case some used industrial pneumatic cylinders and route prolonged propeler shaft through piston shaft which it is allready sealed (normaly presured bronze powder or some special Oring) .... there become a problem with 3- part- connecting of the same shaft. So the original propeler shaft should be conected to prolonged shaft by some torque clutch...between them both.
Regards to Bled Gorazd

On the scuba-tow link.... Any website that sells "HHO" plans has to be suspect. Either they are ignorant and passing off plans for a system that does not work (the HHO BS) or merely crooks. Looks like this guy is just selling any plans he can get hold of regardless of usability or quality.

On the scuba-tow link.... Any website that sells "HHO" plans has to be suspect. Either they are ignorant and passing off plans for a system that does not work (the HHO BS) or merely crooks. Looks like this guy is just selling any plans he can get hold of regardless of usability or quality.
I agree with you in regard to the HHO plans.

On the other hand, the two motor version of the scooter he is selling has been around forever and I have actually seen them in use in the mid 1980s and they do actually seem to work. I can't recall the depth rating on them, but 60 ft keeps coming to mind and that could have been a hull limit or a motor limit that would also apply to the singel motor design.

I was just given the plans motors and additional parts I would need to build a scuba tow from a fellow diver that never got around to building it. I am currently in the process of cutting out the ribs for the frame, but the motor on my orbital jigsaw just went out and I am dead in the water until I can get the extra $ for another one.

I had my scouts cut out some of the ribs and they apparently can't cut straight, so I am in the process of re-cutting some of the pieces and sanding down others.

I'll post photos of my progress.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom