DIY Canisters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guys:
Just a quick update on things. I am currently waiting for some more items to arrive, but I should have (2) 12W LED canister lights ready to ship by next week. These will be complete- light, batteries, charger. I have been trying to keep the price as low as possible while keeping quality very high (agro glands, delrin, custom light head, locking latches, etc). It looks like my $400 projection was a bit low. Therefore, I am pricing the 12W at $450 shipped CONUS. It looks like, even at this price, some of the closest retail units are still about $200 higher.

An additional 2 lights will be completed shortly thereafter, I expect a few days after the initial 2 are finished as I am just waiting for a few parts to get them done.

Based on the number of PMs I have received, it looks like these are pretty much ALL spoken for. I would , however, like to know who is really interested so I can be ready to contact you as soon as done.

Again, thanks to everyone for their support. I will be making more of these, so if you don't get one now, get on the list for the next batch... My next goal is to try to get the 27W unit up and running. This one, I hope to bring out for about $800... We'll see.

Last edited:
Update:
Picked up the threaded heads today.. They are NICE!!! Now, I need to order the lenses next week. Already ordered the glass for them. Need to get them water jet cut. Some pics!

Left to do:
Lenses
Mount GM handles
Powder Coat...

Attachments

• IMG_0980.jpg
    IMG_0980.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0981.jpg
    IMG_0981.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0982.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 179
got my can a day ago
nice workman ship
clean edges well done :D
thanks David:D:D
good luck Hector
will get withe you soon about another can shortly

got my can a day ago
nice workman ship
clean edges well done :D
thanks David:D:D
good luck Hector
will get withe you soon about another can shortly

Thanks David.

Goodman Handles..... CHECK!

Attachments

• IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0983.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0985.jpg
    IMG_0985.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 180
Looking really nice. Thanks for the updates.

Henrik

Thanks...
I should be doing a trial powder coat tonight.

Thanks.. Testing powder coating rght now!

hey,

I have a quick question - will the light heads be focusable or fixed?
And would you consider shipping to Dubai?

cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom