Diving without your SO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"I'd say the best, surest way to pull this off is a give and take approach. Somewhere, she has a score card. The trick is to keep it balanced. Diamonds are usually pretty good for that...

"I arrange work so I have Friday off while my wife works. THis is my day and I do what I want on that day. Weekends and holidays I have to beg, fight or bribe for.

"Figure this out now, while she is still reasonable. Good luck!"

My wife does not dive also and I have four kids. She likes me to have fun as much as I like her to have fun. I go diving in the day/ She watches the kids on the beach. Then at night she goes to a club to let off steam and I watch the kids. It is a good trade off, but I still feel guilty about me diving a lot and I tell her that. Her response is, "you enjoy diving and I do not go enjoy yourself".

My goal is to have her get certified one of these days in warm water because I do not think that she would go cold water lake diving and think it is as much fun as I do. Then we can go together but that is down the road when she says she is ready, I just keep on asking her :D is it time yet

Floridawannabe:
My goal is to have her get certified one of these days in warm water because I do not think that she would go cold water lake diving and think it is as much fun as I do. Then we can go together but that is down the road when she says she is ready, I just keep on asking her :D is it time yet

Bad idea! If she isn't interested, leave it at that, diving is not the type of sport you should take up to "please" someone else, you gotta want to be doing it for it to be fun!

newdiver-toronto:
"I'd say the best, surest way to pull this off is a give and take approach. Somewhere, she has a score card. The trick is to keep it balanced. Diamonds are usually pretty good for that...

"I arrange work so I have Friday off while my wife works. THis is my day and I do what I want on that day. Weekends and holidays I have to beg, fight or bribe for.

Wow.

You are one angry person.

Toro - as someone suggested, ask her. I personally would not be upset if we had a plan. As in "ok - what days can I dive, what days can we do something together, no diving for me." Communication is key. What does she like? Spa day? Arrange a morning massage , manicure & pedicare for a day you are out. One of my best dive trips was the year I was recovering from the flu & bronchitis, obviously couldn't dive most of trip. I'd drop him off at shop first thing & go take sunrise photos. Another morning I took a sunrise horseback ride. Tell her what diving means to you, what she means to you & (how to put this??) you appreciate her allowing you this wonderful opportunity.

My other half hunts, I don't. A week with no electricity, running water or indoor plumbing? Not my idea of VACATION. However, I understand how much it means to him. He goes, I stay home & do my stuff. The week goes fast, I do miss him & worry about him!! And yes, separation leads to some, um...good reunions. (But after he has a LONG shower.) It also leads to a greater appreciation of the little things we do for each other every day.

I feel bad for some if the above quotes - scorecards, MY DAY & reasonableness - are true. Everyone should have the opportunity to pursue their interests, not at someone elses expense, but in a supportive relationship. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdiver-toronto

Wow.

:crossbone :bomb: :censored: :banghead: :bangboom: :monster: :lightingz : Yeah?!!!! So??!!!!!!!! You Got A Problem With That?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pcangry: :zap1: :bash: :soapbox: :argue: :flame: :bigun2: :whack:

newdiver-toronto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdiver-toronto

Wow.

Not married, huh? Guys, diamonds are always a winner. :wink:

I dive exclusively with my spouse and it works out wonderfully. I could see it becomming a problem though if one spouse was not supportive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom