Diving without using a Dive Shop in Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djkpsu

Contributor
Reaction score
Mitzpe Ramon, Israel/ Eliat on the weekends!!
I will be in Phuket mid-October (17-22) and might wake up in the mourning and say to myself 'hey I feel like diving today.'

Can you just go into a shop, rent tanks and head out to a dive site yourself, or do you have to go on a day trip?

Are there any decent shore dives from Phuket?

Also, I would need a buddy; so if any of you locals would be interested, let me know.

Thanks,
Doug

Shoredives are possible, here on Kata are a couple of nice reefs. Go to a DC, and rent tanks and equipoment if necessary and have fun.

If you want to go out by boat, the easiest and cheapest option is by using a diveshop.

djkpsu:
I will be in Phuket mid-October (17-22) and might wake up in the mourning and say to myself 'hey I feel like diving today.'

Can you just go into a shop, rent tanks and head out to a dive site yourself, or do you have to go on a day trip?

Are there any decent shore dives from Phuket?

Also, I would need a buddy; so if any of you locals would be interested, let me know.

Thanks,
Doug

As Stevenl says there are shore dives off Kata Beach (ideal for night dives as well) along both the north and south ends of the beach. The north end - closer to club Med - offers more corals whilst the southern end has more marine life. Also some dive operations in the areas of Kata/Kata Noi and Karon beaches offer longtail boat dives to sites within minutes of these beaches. These sites are not only offering you halfday as opposed to daytrip dive tours but they also have been known on many occassions to offer more marine life than at Koh Racha Yai, although viz not usually as good. These dives are usually in operation by mid October. Enjoy your holiday!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom