Diving with Shaka Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rad21

Contributor
Reaction score
I just returned from a 5 day trip to Maui and had 2 great days of diving with Doug of Shaka Divers at Makena Landing, 5 Caves and Ulua Beach. We met at Makena Landing and as we were gearing up I got to meet Kidspot as he was getting ready to try out his new scooter. (I hope the scooter worked well).

Doug and I got our gear on and headed out for our dives. Wow! I was amazed at all the sea life that Doug was pointing out- turtles, eels, octopus (Octopi?), frogfish, sharks and other critters. I was impressed when Doug kept filling his pockets with lead weights, fishing line and other trash that was on the reef- he wants the reefs to be as clean as his Scuba Bus! During one of our dives, Doug starts snapping his fingers and clapping and just like the Pied Piper, all these Butterfly Fish start surrounding Doug. On another dive, as I was taking a photo of a shark on my left side, a turtle went right past me on the right side! We had 4 great dives about 60 minutes each and I had plenty of time to take UW photos. This was my second time diving with Doug and after talking with the other divers who joined us on the second day, I found out that they were repeat "shakadivers" as well. Mahalo to Doug for some great dive memories.

Great Meeting you the other day - and yes the scooters were fun, still breaking them in for a few more dives, then I'll have to invite Doug on a dive :wink:

Always good to hear of divers who had a great time with the local ops.

Aloha, Tim

Right on Bob! Yeah, we sure had some great dives again. It's always cool to have folks like you return for more fun in the water. I'm up at DEMA right now in Florida and just stopped by the SCUBABOARD booth to say hi to everyone. It's an awesome show this year and I'm having a great time.

Tim, I'd like to get out for a dive with you one of these days too. We can scooter around and check out some new terrain. Thanks and it was great to see you on the south shore!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom