Diving with hyperinflation of lungs??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Makai,

I'm interested to see the outcome of the investigation and hope you continue to post.

I'm not any sort of expert but I don't think anyone expels 100% of the air from their lungs breathing out? Hope you get some answers.

@DDM Thank you. He stated that due to the fact that my lungs weren't releasing all air on expiration, that pressure changes in diving could cause air to become trapped in my lungs and therefore could cause them to explode. He said the risk of death was not worth the reward in my personal situation.

Hi @Makai1972 , I'll be interested to hear the results of your PFT. If you've been newly prescribed a daily inhaler and you're using it regularly, it could change your clinical picture and thus the recommendation on whether or not to dive.

Best regards,
DDM

Dear Makai,
Obviously, first and foremost you should follow advice of your physician. I would also like to hear about your results if you are willing to share. Blanket no dive restriction sounds harsh. I hope it will get reversed, but if it doesn’t, your safety is most important in the end. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom