Diving With Express Water Sports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiveBait

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
June 24.
The dive boat was full but, the size and layout left a lot of room I never felt cramped or crowded. All of the crew were friendly and ready to help. The dive master was through and gave a good amount of detail on the place, the boat and the procedures we were to follow. The boat provided a smooth ride and easy entry and exit from the water. We did a two tank trip with water temps around 76f perfect for me in a full 3mil. The visibility was good for me but only average for the area..I think it was around the 40-50ft range but that is just a guess. The first dive was very pleasant with a mild current. The second dive was the same except while going up the line to the boat the current changed direction and picked up a bit. Over all it was a great experience. The staff was very pleasant over the phone and in person. I would certainly recommend them and use them again next time I am in the area.

Only a couple things I would like better..
1 They changed the dive site without telling me. We were to dive the copper pots but they said since it was a full boat that dive site would not be big enough... OK but I would have liked a call.

2 Their website is very good but it could use a charter FAQ or something to give you a heads up on everything. Like don't bring a banana on their boat!! lol

Like I said small stuff.

Myrtel Beach Vacation 6-2013 014.jpg

Goldfinch Reef sorry for the amateur photos... :)

Myrtel Beach Vacation 6-2013 034.jpg

Myrtel Beach Vacation 6-2013 029.jpg

Myrtel Beach Vacation 6-2013 028.jpg

Myrtel Beach Vacation 6-2013 024.jpg

Bait

Hah sorry that might be helpful..

They are out of Murrells Inlet SC. A short drive from Myrtle Beach were I stayed..

I like express more than the one at the north end of Myrtle Beach.

I mostly dive in NC but the practice there, like most places, is that it is Captains Call. If they are going to an inshore site they can switch to a different inshore site without notifying you by a call. Change can be for several reasons. We arrived at a site once that had two boats already on it so we switched to a nearby site. I have gotten called when inshore dives were canceled or an offshore trip has been canceled for some reason and there is another closer in option at a different time.

+1 for Express - good folks and easy to work with.

A few years ago they had an emergency on one of the trips - and the response was textbook. Not all the boats in the Myrtle Beach area can make that claim. You chose wisely.

What are the water temps like up that way?

Here are some snapshots from my log

9/22/07 - 77 degrees BP25 Site
8/19/12 - 76 degrees Civil War Wreck Site
10/25/12 - 73 degrees Goldfinch Reef

The OP cited 76 on 6/24/13

I use a 3/2, no hood

Viz varies from 15-40 typically.

Did 4 dives off Wilmington, NC around the beginning of June. 80-100 ft of water off shore. Bottom temp was around 71-72. Will be a tad warmer now.

Viz ranged from 40 to 60 to 80 ft depending on the site.

Hey NetDoc,

Water temps offshore Beaufort, NC on 7/6 and 7/7 were 77-78 on the surface down to 65-70' then dropped to 68-70 depending on what wreck you were on.

I've always wanted to dive that area... just never found the right dive op to make me take the trek.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom