Diving with Bas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

world_traveler

Contributor
Reaction score
On Tripadvisor there were very good reviews on Bas, as a guide for East coast diving.
Did someone dive with him? how was it ? I'm considering to do private dives with him.

Do a quick sb search on the subject, you will find plenty of comments and postings which as I recall are all favorable.

On Tripadvisor there were very good reviews on Bas, as a guide for East coast diving.
Did someone dive with him? how was it ? I'm considering to do private dives with him.

Bas is a fantastic guide for the East Side and I could not recommend him highly enough. I will be diving with him again next week!

He will take you to sites that nobody else dives and that most people probably wouldn't even know how to get to. different places than via boat.

Last edited:
Yes, I have. I dove Cai without him; on a later trip I dove Cai with him. Night & day difference. Highly recommended.

Richard.

Be aware that there are two popular dive operators on Bonaire named Bas. (Bas is typically the short version for the Dutch name Sebastiaan.)

Bas Tol operates B.A.S. Diving, which specializes exclusively in guided east coast shore diving.

Bas Noij operates VIP Diving, which offers guided shore diving in many locations around the island (including several east coast locations.)

Both have great reputations and a dedicated fan base of customers. I haven't met or dove with either of them, but I hope to someday.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

I've dived with Bas Noij; terriric!
I've tried to dive with Bas Tol, but the weather would not cooperate. Someday....

Two thumbs up for the two Bas's.

I have done many dives with Bas Tol during my trips to Bonaire. Highly recommended.

Dove the east side with Bas Tol (Baby beach, Washikemba, Boca Onima, Cai, ...), I highly recommend you do it, he's a good guide and it makes for very nice dives, a nice change of pace from the east side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom