Diving with and Without Armor by J.B. Green

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just read an except of this book in JYC's Underwater Treasury and am interested in the actual book. First published in 1859 by Faxon Seam Power Press in Buffalo NY. Has anyone ever seen a reprint available or even... a first copy? I should add "Hard cover". I see some PB's available from Amazon.

I have a reprint of this book and have read it twice. It is very interesting and entertaining to read, very much worth purchasing. I believe that this is the first biography ever written by a diver.

I have reprinted the book in its exact format

I did a reprint of this book with a friend in 1990. I included some side scan photos of the steamer "Atlantic" that were taken by Gary Kozak when he relocated the wreck in 1982. I also included some photos of helmets from that era. I printed 657 copies. They all were sold in 2 weeks and I only have my one and only copy. This was a fun project and a great read. We printed them in my brothers basement and assembled them on my dining room table.

There is no hardcover. This was a paperback. I had a graphic artist laser copy my ORIGINAL copy and it is virtually identical down to the thread stitching for the binding. The ONLY difference is is is slightly (fractions of an inch) smaller. I will sell you a copy for $15 with a money back guarantee. PM me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom