Diving while armed...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slingshot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello folks,

I'm curious to see what sort of strobe/light arms people use for their still and video photography. I've got an Ikelite housed video camera with a clunky arm for my video light. The arm has this rigor mortis thing going on, besides being a bit stubby, and I'm looking for more flexibility (aren't we all). I've looked at the Ultralight system, but am wondering what else is out there. Do any of you use the flexible arms made up of linked ball and socket joints? They seem okay above water, but will they hold position when swimming? I'd appreciate your input. Okay, for those of you peaved by my teaser title, look up "P11 pistol, HK" on google....

36.gif

Yes I use those flex thingy's. I already had an arm and tray and when I added my strobe I ordered the 3/4" loc-line parts online from http://www.modularhose.com/ as they have them in black. The parts are cheap. I have only been using them for about two months. They are a little on the stiff side but the good thing is you can add and subtract the parts to suit the arm length of your choice. The unit does not flop around underwater. It will on the surface depending on the length.

Yep...I've been using the "linked ball and socket joints" aka Infinity arm aka bendy thingys, for about 4 years. I haven't had one droop on me underwater yet. The are very secure and hold position very well. I use a S&S YS90DX at the end of an 18" section and in the water it's still sturdy. If you have one of the new Inon strobes, there's absolutely no problem with the weight of the strobe.

Back
Top Bottom