Diving watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And before someone "invented" the NATO watch band this what we did:
Acquire the brass from the Navy dive compass and cut a piece from the crotch strap off a dive set for the watch strap.
Kept it all these years.
20210126_093443.jpg

Edit: The compass was then mounted on a 'compass board' by another method.

Sure, and Paul Newman got his the hard way. He won the 24 Hours at Daytona. (In 1979 his car finished 2nd overall, but first in class.)

Yeah cool. I was driving Datsun Zs back then, and sloshing his dressing and eating his sauce

Yeah cool. I was driving Datsun Zs back then, and sloshing his dressing and eating his sauce
Off topic: Mine was a Datsun 180B, rusted the boot [trunk to you guys] out with scuba gear, and his sauce is 'yuck'.

Off topic: Mine was a Datsun 180B, rusted the boot [trunk to you guys] out with scuba gear, and his sauce is 'yuck'.
I had a Datsun when I was in my 20s in California, I vaguely remember some kind of a joke. It ended in thatsoon... lol

I have a submariner I wear all the time everywhere I go... just something I like about having a working machine on my wrist, I can hear the ticking at night helps me sleep. Lol

I wear a sports watch on my right wrist, just can’t let the sub go. :)

Get a Rolex, something to aspire to

http://www.rolexmagazine.com/2010/04/profiles-in-coolness-robert-redford.html

There is no other reason required

View attachment 638552

My rich mate bought a Rolex it was a movement that inspired him a gold one with a leather band before he was rich before he could afford it and then later he bought the gold band.

It's really heavy and he became richer and at parties some men would judge him and ask him to pass it to them to see if it was fake and others would admire and wanted to feel its strength power and richness

I didn't buy a Rolex

Robert Redford, in the 1975 movie, Three Days of the Condor, wore a Doxa Sub 300 Sharkhunter!

At the time the Doxa was about a 1/3 cheaper than the Rolex. The Doxa band sucked back in the day. Here is my Doxa Professional, I take it out now and again just for fun (but not underwater!)
all3x.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom