Diving watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't want to spoil any party BUT those watches are made in Honk Kong and they use low level Miota & Seiko movements. They are based in NY it seems but obviously outsource the whole thing.
You are basically paying the same money for using a lower grade movement just because the case looks nice...
Where did you get the information that the watch was MADE in HK?
Do you have the address of the factory in HK?

Where did you get the information that the watch was MADE in HK?
Do you have the address of the factory in HK?
Google it. 0.85sec on my browser.

I shouldn't bother to give you a proper answer as your perception is quite distorted but nevertheless here it is:

In the majority of their watches they use cheap Swiss made Ronda movements.
Nowhere it says Made in Switzerland on the dial, the name Swiss on the watch refers to the movement.

This kind of 'scam' is prevalent with micro or indie brands. Nothing new.

Zelos watches are another micro-brand that sells nice divers today. The difference is that they are open and transparent about being based in Singapore and made in China & Honk Kong.

By the way, their more expensive dive watches - that use a Sellita SW-200 or Seiko NH (good movements) are deep into Seiko territory (pun intended). For 400$ I would choose a Seiko Tuna every freaking time.
Well known, proven, reliable and guaranteed to have service and support WW. Mind that service is not only the movement but other parts like the case, bezel, crystal, clasp, etc.

As I wrote previously, there no guarantee that Deep Blue will be here in a few years. Your money, your gamble.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread has had quite a bit of cleanup. If your post is gone, ask yourself if you were part of the bickerfest and next time do better be a better Scubaboard member. Post with respect and no hostility or insults. If you can't play nice, you may find yourself banned.

Google it. 0.85sec on my browser.

I shouldn't bother to give you a proper answer as your perception is quite distorted but nevertheless here it is:

In the majority of their watches they use cheap Swiss made Ronda movements.
Nowhere it says Made in Switzerland on the dial, the name Swiss on the watch refers to the movement.

This kind of 'scam' is prevalent with micro or indie brands. Nothing new.

Zelos watches are another micro-brand that sells nice divers today. The difference is that they are open and transparent about being based in Singapore and made in China & Honk Kong.

By the way, their more expensive dive watches - that use a Sellita SW-200 or Seiko NH (good movements) are deep into Seiko territory (pun intended). For 400$ I would choose a Seiko Tuna every freaking time.
Well known, proven, reliable and guaranteed to have service and support WW. Mind that service is not only the movement but other parts like the case, bezel, crystal, clasp, etc.

As I wrote previously, there no guarantee that Deep Blue will be here in a few years. Your money, your gamble.
LOL.
There has not been any locally manufactured watch for many many yrs. All the factories had been relocated across the border donkey yrs ago!
Special trading status with US! Look it up.
What you do not know you do not know and there are tons of them.

LOL.
There has not been any locally manufactured watch for many many yrs. All the factories had been relocated across the border donkey yrs ago!
Special trading status with US! Look it up.
What you do not know you do not know and there are tons of them.
As I previously said, you must be very, VERY special.

For some reason you believe this is my personal opinion... Not only you know every Dive Center in Honk Kong but you know every watch manufacturer as well uh? Amazing...
What do you know about watches exactly?

Here momo, education is free thanks to the internet:

...and a little bit of Zelos that as I said are transparent. Scroll down the page to the part where the OWNER says that he makes the watches in Hong Kong.

When you finish, you can apologize.

Attachments

• Deep Blie.jpg
    Deep Blie.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 31
Do you know where is Alibaba based?
How can you be so naive?
Deep Blue does not manufacture in HK. Period.

You have problem to understand English?
"Zelo watches are crafted mainly in china and HK......." The company is based in Singapore.

You probably know more about Feta cheese than anything else!!! LOL.

Do you know where is Alibaba based?
How can you be so naive?
Deep Blue does not manufacture in HK. Period.

You have problem to understand English?
"Zelo watches are crafted mainly in china and HK......." The company is based in Singapore.

You probably know more about Feta cheese than anything else!!! LOL.
Read the posts to the end momo, not only the titles! I posted several sources of information. READ.

'MANUFACTURED' and 'BASED IN' are 2 different things... Apple is based in Cupertino but manufactures in CN. Duh.

Last one, then we can talk.

Read the posts to the end momo, not only the titles! I posted several sources of information. READ.

'MANUFACTURED' and 'BASED IN' are 2 different things... Apple is based in Cupertino but manufactures in CN. Duh.

Last one, then we can talk.

Isn't that rather patronising and belligerent?

Be a little more gentle with your fellow scubaboarders, you'll get more respect.

Isn't that rather patronising and belligerent?

Be a little more gentle with your fellow scubaboarders, you'll get more respect.
You can't help it can you?

How gentle and respectful is:

"You probably know more about Feta cheese than anything else! LOL".

Be impartial fellow Scubaboarder, you'll get more respect.

As I said in multiple occasion, I reply on the same tone I'm addressed.

I give you a little friendly advice, next time you go opera with your tuxedo and watch: Do not talk. If someone addresses you, smile and nod.
Is that the best you can do or say?

I will give you a friendly advice also:
If you talk that way, don't report members when they reply to you on the same tone. That's a "beach" move.

You can stare at Cousteau's poster now and wait... he might nod back at you and smile as well, who knows?

Just a little reminder to give you something to moan about:

Attachments

• Rolex-Submariner-116610LN.004.jpg
    Rolex-Submariner-116610LN.004.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 36

Back
Top Bottom