Diving watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How many dives could I do in Punta Cana for 7 grand……? Jus sayin.
Very true. I'll never tell other people how to spend their money, and if folks like and want to wear expensive watches that's absolutely fine with me. I have plenty of dive watches, although none of them approaching that level of luxury. And, if people want to wear dive watches for diving, that's fine with me too. But I do find it a little humorous when people say that they wear their expensive dive watches as a backup in case of a dive computer failure. For the price of even an entry-level automatic dive watch you can just buy an inexpensive backup computer and can forgo having to work dive tables if your main computer fails. I wear dive watches (on land) because I tend to like the styling and find the timing bezel convenient for a lot of tasks. And I occasionally wear one for a day of diving so I can easily tell the time and can plan when I need to get out of the water and start to head back home before the missus gets mad that I've been gone all day. But I definitely don't justify it as a backup device. To each his/her/their own though.

To be fair tho if your computer failed I am 100% willing to bet you use it as a back up tho….

Very true. I'll never tell other people how to spend their money, and if folks like and want to wear expensive watches that's absolutely fine with me. I have plenty of dive watches, although none of them approaching that level of luxury. And, if people want to wear dive watches for diving, that's fine with me too. But I do find it a little humorous when people say that they wear their expensive dive watches as a backup in case of a dive computer failure. For the price of even an entry-level automatic dive watch you can just buy an inexpensive backup computer and can forgo having to work dive tables if your main computer fails. I wear dive watches (on land) because I tend to like the styling and find the timing bezel convenient for a lot of tasks. And I occasionally wear one for a day of diving so I can easily tell the time and can plan when I need to get out of the water and start to head back home before the missus gets mad that I've been gone all day. But I definitely don't justify it as a backup device. To each his/her/their own though.

I bought each person in my family a Deep Blue legit dive watch. They were under $200 and are terrific!! They look cool. They are waterproof to 1000 feet. And they don't need batteries. I wear mine every day as a watch as does my wife. My kids wear their too quite a bit above water

They are a great value and you don't mind banging one against a tank when gearing up.

I'm kind of a watch geek, so I would recommend a Seiko SKX009 or the 007 as a real dive watch. Automatic movement, rotating bezel, and they look fresh as hell.

Casio G-Shock is also a great reccomendation.

Would I wear a Submariner diving - no way - you lose one pin on that really expensive Rolex and it's gone forever.

I bought each person in my family a Deep Blue legit dive watch. They were under $200 and are terrific!! They look cool. They are waterproof to 1000 feet. And they don't need batteries. I wear mine every day as a watch as does my wife. My kids wear their too quite a bit above water

They are a great value and you don't mind banging one against a tank when gearing up.

Those watches look great, and are at least half the cost of a Luminox with a greater depth rating. Thanks for the share.

I wear an NFW Viperfish almost daily.. VERY robust watch.

NFW.JPG

Those watches look great, and are at least half the cost of a Luminox with a greater depth rating. Thanks for the share.
They make watches in price ranges from $180 to about $1100 dollars. The more inexpensive watches have Japanese automatic movements. Their more expensive ones have Swiss automatic movements. They also offer models with tritium markers on the dial and hands. I wish I had bought one of the tritium models for myself.....but my wife and youngest son have a tritium model.

I bought this one because it has a purple face....I've never seen a watch with this color dial before. It is 44 mm with a see through back. Helium release...Picked it up on sale for $149!!!

1654038672031.jpeg

Absolutely 100% not worth it FOR DIVING. For adding to your collection and wearing casually, few other watches can make the statement of a classic two tone blue Rolex Sub.

With its even greater surge in popularity the last 5yrs you’ll be lucky to find one let alone snag one for under $15k. At that price it’s more of a liability to slap on flipping over a boat (if that’s what you primarily plan to use it for).

If you’re trying to make a classy retro statement pickup vintage analog wrist mounted gauges that’ll get more looks, intrigue, and questions than a Rolex Sub.

$180 to about $1100 dollars

I didn't see any $1100 watch on their website, perhaps I missed it but can you give me the link for this watch please?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom