Diving tomorrow (Monday Aug 1) at Porteau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry John, already doing something :(

Did a couple of dives today and even though the vis sucked I had fun getting reaqainted with some of my old favorites. No octos but I almost butted heads with a big ol Ling by mistake (he should watch where he's sitting). I also had quite a shock to find it so damn warm - 56F on the surface and 52F at depth. I've been putting up with low 40's in the lakes with my wetsuit too long.

The craziest part was the parking lot, chock o block full of everybody except divers. In fact I only saw two small groups diving. I had to park in the upper lot which really isn't cricket.

Same thing with the parking on Sunday even though we got there around 9. I think the free parking is attracting a lot of boaters, and campers plus long weekend to boot and only the second nice weekend of the summer. We were lucky to get a spot by the picnic tables at the far west of the lot. Did you get out by the Nakaya that big old octo at the concrete block south east of the wreck was home when we passed by.

Hi Stuart,
No I was soloing single 72's so I wound up really enjoying the middle wrecks. I haven't been ocean diving that much recently and it was all "fresh" for me. I did see recent signs of an octo under the sailboat but it wasn't home. Coupled with the warmer temps, the vis compared to Cultus (deteriorating even at depth) was actually quite good! The other night with Kerry and Michel I missed a 20'x20' target even though I knew the exact depth and location (more or less). Luckily we found it on the way back in.

You ocean divers have it easy...

Back
Top Bottom