Diving the North Carolina Wrecks part I

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome report Kevin, and fantastic pictures.

Great report Kevin! :D

It has been far too long since I've been in N Carolina, or the outer banks. Looks like some great diving!

What were the prices for a day, and how many dives... I'm betting $125+ and two, but thought I'd ask.

Glad you had a great trip, and looks like the camera was working well for you! :eyebrow:

Great report Kevin! :D

What were the prices for a day, and how many dives... I'm betting $125+ and two, but thought I'd ask.

You're right on! Since the dives are fairly deep, and the ride out and back was about 2 hours, that limits the diver. Great wrecks and the life around them was outstanding!

Ugh.. now I have to put this place on the vast list of places I want to go. Thanks a bunch Kevin :p

Cool pics. The Papoose is good for spear fishing too, even with a close encounter with a sand shark and my grouper :) I really prefer Discovery Diving over Olympus, they are much more flexible and accommodating IMHO so check them out. Also Beaufort (next town past Morehead City) is great for restaurants and bars.

Kevin - Ron and I are definitely doing this trip next summer sometime. I haven't been back to NC since my childhood, 30+ years, so it will be nice for that reason, too. Maybe I will even stop by and visit my mom and sister one day, and then dive 4-5 days. :D

robin

Hi all,

Seems Discovery Diving is more into the $$$$ instead of what we wanted to dive, I requested the U352 on 4 Sept and Debbie decided to change the intnerary in 26 Sept 2009 since a shop in Delaware reserved 11 spots. Even theough their site said U352 for 17 Oct 09, Hence their site info changed as well. We had 2 divers booked and more to dive. They did call but it did not matter, the U352 became questionable. Sorry I'm old school and my word is my bond apparently theirs is not. So I encourage you to dive with Olympus in my humble opinion. Sad part is Tery and Jerry are the ones who suffer. Dave I respect you and Patrick too, but I will advertise for you and the sad state of affairs fro which we are treated. And thatnks Patrick for agreeing to cancel our reservations and refunding our money, You my friend have clout in my books!

Disgruntled
JimmyC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom